10th World Conference on Sampling and Blending in Kristiansand, Norway
The conference program can first be outlined in full after all contributing presentations have been accepted. The program schedule therefore only lists the invited Key Note- and Technical Speakers. The scientific success of WCSB10 conference is critically dependent on your contribrution as well. Please submit your abstract as soon as possible before deadline February 11th - see more details under the Proceedings page.
Detailed conference program will be announced.
The organisational committee has decided on the following contemporary themes for the conference programme:
- Theory of Sampling (TOS)
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Mining and Process industry
- Minerals and Metals
- Environmental sampling, Sustainability and Circular Economy
- Agro, Food, Feed and Aquaculture Sampling
- Pharmaceutical Sampling
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT)
- New development and Equipment in Sampling
During the conference, you will have the possibility to engage in fruitful discussions during the intermissions and broaden your network in the sampling community. The organizational committee ensures that the conference will be held in a safe and secure manner with respect to the ongoing Covid-19 situation. If your physical attendance is not possible, you can register for a streaming option for the conference.
The venue for the Gala dinner is the Haubitz hall ("Låven"), where also the "Pierre Gy Sampling Gold Medal" award will take place. The Pierre Gy Sampling Gold Medal is awarded to individuals who have made "significant contributions to teaching and dissemination of the theory and practice of sampling".
Prior to the official programme, you’ll have the possibility of attending a set of short courses on different sampling topics. These courses, arranged by experts in the field of sampling, will give the participants an opportunity to strengthen their competency within these topics:
One Day short courses
- Introduction to the Theory and Practice of Sampling (TOS) – a new didactics for science, technology, industry, commerce and society. Course provider: Kim H. Esbensen, KHE Consulting, Denmark. Date: Sunday 29th May 2022
- Grade Control in Underground Gold Operations. Course providers: Dr. Simon Dominy. Date: Monday 30th May 2022
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and TOS-compliant sampling in Pharmaceutical production and monitoring - the rules of the game! Course providers: Brad Swarbrick, Rodolfo Romañach and Kim H. Esbensen. Date: Monday 30th May 2022
Two Day short courses
- Variograms and their analysis for improved process knowledge. Course provider: Dr Geoffrey Lyman, Principal, Materials Sampling & Consulting, Southport, Australia. Date: Sunday 29th and Monday 30th May 2022
- Sampling Theory and Practice, their Economic Impact (Day 1) and Analysis of Sampling Correctness and the Futility of Bias Tests (Day 2). Course providers: D. Francois-Bongarcon (AGORATEK International Consultants Inc., Canada) & Francis F. Pitard (Francis Pitard Sampling Consultants, LLC). Date: Sunday 29th and Monday 30th May 2022
All short courses incl. lunch, coffee/tea and snacks.
Due to the global COVID pandemic and its likely aftermath, the pre-conference course plan may be subject to cancellation(s) or made digital should the presenters fall victim of lock-down or other restrictions in the periopd up to June 2022. Any such change will be made public on this homepage - please continue to register for the course(s) you prefer in good faith.